SEO Services Contract – Disclaimers for SEOs
Disclaimer-1: SEO is not a one time activity like website development. It is a ongoing process. If you stop creating new content and link building your rankings will eventually fall.
Disclaimer-2: SEO is a very time-consuming process. It may take anywhere from 2 months to 18 months to see results depending upon the competition. Hence minimum contracting term should be 6 months (for when competition is very high in your industry). Consequently best time for major performance evaluation and contract renewal should be 6 months.
Disclaimer-3: No guarantee of no.1 ranking or consistent top 10 rankings for any keyword phrase as seo has no control over search engine ranking algorithms and on going seo efforts by competitors.
Disclaimer-4: Search engines like Google may hinder the rankings of new websites until they have proved their ability to exist for more than ‘x’ amount of time or have enoug unique content, up to date tech, back link strength and ect.
Disclaimer-5: New website may get temporary boost in ranking for some targeted keywords for few days but then it settles down to its real place. This is known as ‘new site boost effect’ and it is quite common to happen.
Disclaimer-6: Search engines can drop rankings for no clear or predictable reason. Often such rankings re-appear without any seo efforts.
Disclaimer-7: A website search engine ranking can fluctuate any day, any time because of on-going changes in the ranking algorithm, seo efforts made by the competitors or both.
Disclaimer-8: No guarantee/warranty of project timeliness, added expenses and end results if seo work is destroyed either wholly or in parts , either knowingly or unknowingly by any party other than the seo himself or without the prior consultation/knowledge of the seo. A seo work is considered to be destroyed if following changes are made to the website without first consulting the seo:
- Renaming, re-locating, adding or removing any file, folder or sub domain on a web server including web documents, robots.txt, .htaccess file, sitemap.xml, rss.xml etc
- Making any changes on an optimized web page.
- Changing the head section of a web page like changing the title tag or certain tags required for website authentication.
- Adding, removing or modifying contents, functionality or a widget.
- Changes in the anchor text
- Removing the google analytics code from the web page.
- Changes in the site architecture.
- Renaming URLs of a web document.
- Linking out to any website without prior consultation of the seo.
- Taking down the website or part of the website.
Disclaimer-9: No guarantee/warranty of project timeliness, additional expenses and end results if:
- There is a server outage for prolonged time.
- Client fails to resolve seo queries on time or make delays in providing required access, documents, permission or any support for seo purpose.
- Client fails to make necessary changes on the website as and when advised by the seo.
- Client refuses to educate himself about SEO.